COVID-19 Policies & Procedures – Updated 8-2-2021
CAY values your safety and the safety of our community. Many thanks to all of our students and staff for adhering to our safety policies. We are grateful that we have been able to hold classes and train safely during this time of extra precautions.
Gov. Ned Lamont announced that Connecticut will lift all COVID-19 restrictions with the exception of the mask mandate on May 19, 2021. The CDC has also updated its guidelines and determined that the risk of contracting the virus from touching contaminated surfaces is extremely low. Given the new CT state guidelines and the updated CDC guidelines, CAY will return to our pre-covid structure for classes beginning May 1st, 2021. Other policies will stay in effect. Please read through our policies completely. Due to the recent rapid rise in Covid-19 transmission and the presence of the Delta variant we are updating our mask policy effective August 2nd, 2021. Masks are now required in the studio for all students and instructors at all times. Physical distancing precautions remain in effect. Apparatus are 6′ apart and students/staff will maintain 6′ distance from others while in the studio. We will continue to operate at full capacity and share equipment unless otherwise advised.
- Everyone must wear a face mask to enter The 224 EcoSpace building, the CAY aerial yoga studio, and while in all shared spaces. Earloop-style masks are required. No tie-on masks. Masks must cover both nose and mouth completely and fit closely to the face. Face masks will be worn at all times.
- Only students and staff are allowed to enter the studio.
- Students MUST provide their own yoga mat and desired props. Personal yoga mats will be used for aerial yoga classes and for warm-up in aerial arts classes. It is optional to provide your own fabric for class. If you supply your own fabric you must schedule time outside of class to have your fabric rigged for your height. It is recommended that you provide your own carabiners for the efficiency of rigging the fabric.
- All classes are 1 hour (subject to change).
- You must arrive 15 minutes early for your class in order to allow adequate time to comply with safety policies. If you arrive late you will not be able to take a class and will forfeit the class fee.
- Anyone who enters the studio must wash hands and use hand sanitizer on arrival before entering the studio and after departure.
- Effective May 1st, 2021 aerial arts students may, at times, be required to share a hammock/sling/silks/hoop and crash mat with one other student during class or with a staff member.
- Physical distancing remains in effect.