CT Aerial Yoga COVID-19 Transmission Mitigation Policies & Procedures
CAY values your safety and the safety of our community. As part of our re-opening plans we have look at every possible way to keep our students (and our community) safe. With this in mind, we have established COVID-19 exposure control plans and risk mitigation procedures to be able to venture into a carefully considered, phased reopening.
In order for CAY to be able to offer any in-person programming effectively, we need YOU! Restarting these programs will require the cooperation of The 224 leadership team, our staff, students, and community. Thank you in advance for your help in keeping our community safe!
Please keep in mind that the recommended guidelines to prevent viral transmission may change at any time. In addition, the status of community transmission in our area continues to change as well. With that in mind, we just want you to know that we may need to adjust our schedule and policies or pause programming again at any point in order to prioritize safety for our students, staff, and our community. Thank you for understanding.
Please read through our policies completely. Failure to familiarize yourself with these policies may result in forfeiting class.
- Everyone must wear a face mask to enter The 224 EcoSpace building, the CAY aerial yoga studio and in all shared spaces. Face must be worn throughout class.. You may adjust your mask to drink water if you are at the back wall of the studio, which is 12′ away from the training space. Ear loop style masks only allowed. No tie-on masks. Masks must cover both nose and mouth and fit closely to the face.
- All staff must wear face masks for indoor classes. Masks are not required for outdoor private lessons.
- Only students and staff are allowed to enter the studio.
- Students MUST provide their own yoga mat and desired props. Personal yoga mats will be used for aerial yoga classes and for warm up in aerial arts classes. It is optional to provide your own fabric for class. If you use your own fabric you must schedule time outside of class to have your fabric rigged for your height. It is recommended that you provide your own carabiners for efficiency of rigging the fabric and also to extend your use of the fabric outside of the CAY studio.
- All classes are 1 hour (subject to change).
- Currently only two classes will be offered on any given day with a 15-minute break between classes to allow time for sterilizing and swapping in clean fabric and to avoid student congestion and cross traffic.
- You must arrive 15 minutes early for your class in order to allow adequate time to comply with safety policies. If you arrive late you will not be able to take class and will forfeit the class fee.
- Anyone entering the studio must fill out the Assumption of Risk/Safety Check list every visit before entering.
- Anyone who enters the studio must wash hands and use hand sanitizer on arrival before entering the studio and after departure.
- Anyone who enters the studio must have temperature taken upon entering the building and before entering the studio. Anyone with a temperature reading over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to enter the studio and the class fee will be credited and applied to another class at a future date.
- No shared fabric or apparatus during class.
- Minimal physical spotting.
- Maximum of 6 students per aerial yoga class and 4 students for aerial arts classes. Maximum capacity for the entire studio 12.
- Masks must be worn for the duration of class.
- Social distancing of 6ft is required at all times.
- Students will have their own personal class activity area.
- Personal belongings will be kept near the person’s personal class activity area or in wood cubicles.
- Whenever possible arrive in clothes that you will practice in, please minimize use of bathrooms for changing clothes.
- Aerial silks and lyra/hoop available for private lessons and series classes only. Minimal drop in classes will be offered for these apparatuses (for now).
- Aerial yoga students must provide their own mat and yoga props. Aerial arts students must provide yoga mat for warm-up. Each aerial arts student will have their own landing mat/crash mat underneath their apparatus provided by CAY. Mats will be sterilized between classes. Practice is not permitted without landing/crash mat.
- No sharing of aerial apparatus unless between students who live together or are in the same ‘bubble.’ Each student will have an assigned apparatus for the entire class.
- Option to provide your own fabric or apparatus including necessary rigging hardware. Rigging will be done by an assigned staff member.
In the event of non-compliance with above safety policies there is risk of forfeiting class and associated fees.