The autonomic nervous system (ANS) tells us how we are doing at any given moment. Understanding the role of the ANS can be a powerful ally in helping us meet life’s challenges and promoting a sense of well-being. Everyone can benefit from understanding the way the nervous system works and learning how to harness the power of ANS regulation. In this workshop, you will learn about somatic resourcing as a tool for nervous system regulation. Somatic resources are capacities that reside in the body and provide a sense of well-being and competency on a physical level. Somatic resources allow us to shift the inner sensory landscape of our bodies. After learning about the ANS system and how it works you will learn and practice a variety of somatic resources. We will then apply these resources to aerial yoga asana. The hammock is a powerful prop that naturally promotes somatic resourcing and nervous system regulation. Learn how our hammock prop contributes to nervous system regulation and how to apply this in your teaching and/or practice of aerial yoga.
- This workshop is offered online via the SecureVideo platform.
- You do not need access to a hammock to take this workshop. Access to a hammock can be beneficial but is not required.
- All participants will need to review and sign an online waiver.
- A link to the video platform will be sent to the email used to register for this workshop. You will also receive an email confirmation after signing up.
- Secure Video runs on the Zoom platform. You will need Zoom downloaded onto your device but you do not need a Zoom account to access the workshop.
- Handouts will be emailed to you prior to the workshop.
- This workshop will be recorded for course development purposes.
- If you cannot attend the workshop live you may request to receive a video replay. You do not need to pre-register. Please email email@example.com with your request and you will be contacted after the workshop is complete with instructions to access to the recording.
Pre-Requisites: This workshop is geared toward aerial yoga instructors as well as aerial yoga practitioners interested in learning more about the autonomic nervous system.
Join Jayne as she integrates her knowledge of neuroscience, somatic psychology, and aerial yoga asana to better strengthen the body’s system for regulating arousal, a crucial aspect for cultivating a sense of well-being and mastery in meeting life’s challenges. Jayne is a licensed psychotherapist with 35 years of experience. She is in private practice in Hartford, CT where she works with clients of all ages on a wide range of issues.
Date: Saturday, May. 7
Time: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Spaces remaining for booking: 2
Register for This Class
Bookings are closed for this event.